March 7, 2014

NYX Powder Blush in Rose Garden: Review + Swatch

Recently, I was feeling quite bored with the blushes in my collection. I decided to head over to Ulta and see if I could find anything that caught my eye. I was walking past the NYX display when I remembered that I still hadn't been able to find one of their blushes in the shade Rose Garden. I had seen Tanya Burr use it in one of her makeup tutorials and just had to have it. As luck would have it this Ulta actually had it in stock. I have been wearing it for about a week straight now, and I really am enjoying it.
NYX Powder Blushes all come in the standard black plastic packaging with the clear front so that you can see the color of the blush. I like the the packaging isn't too bulky and can fit easily in my makeup bag. 
Rose Garden is a girly pink wit subtle gold shimmer. Don't let how bright it is turn you off though. The actual color that comes off on the skin is quite light and gives the subtlest  flush. I like to wear this one days when I want to have minimal makeup, but still want a slight color on my cheeks. The shimmer is noticeable, but comes off as more of a glow than making you look like a disco ball.
This blush is perfect for pale girls or anyone who s looking for a super subtle flush. The shimmer adds a nice glow, and it is perfect for days when you just want a slight pop of something on the cheeks. 

NYX Powder Blushes retail for $5.99, and can be found at Ulta.
*affiliated link

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!