March 21, 2014

My Night Time Skincare Routine!

The best part of my day is when I can throw my hair up into a huge messy bun, throw on some pajamas and relax. There is something satisfying about settling in after a long day running around and doing schoolwork. This is my current night time routine that without fail helps me to feel more relaxed and ready for bed.
Remove Makeup
Removing my makeup usually takes the longest for me. I begin by using my Sephora Collection Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover on a cotton pad to make sure I remove all of that stubborn waterproof mascara and eyeliner. Next, I take a makeup remover wipe, like the Yes To Cucumbers Facial Wipes, to remove all of my face makeup.

Cleanse
The final thing I do to remove my makeup is to cleanse my face. Currently, I am using an old favorite, Clean & Clear's Morning Burst Facial Cleanser. This cleanser works well with my oily/acne prone skin and helps to remove what is left of my makeup.

Toner
I don't do this every night, but on occasion I will use a toner if I feel my skin needs a deeper clean. I have loved Boots Expert Sensitive Gentle Refreshing Toner. I honestly don't see the point of spending tons of money on a high-end toner, so this affordable option is perfect for me.

Face Mask
This is another step that I obviously don't do every night. The Body Shop's Blue Corn 3-in-1 Deep Cleansing Scrub Mask* is perfect for days when your skin needs a ton of TLC and a really deep clean. Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque is also a really great affordable option.

Serum
Using a serum is totally new to me, but I am so glad that I started using one every night. I have been using Skin & Co Roma's Truffle Therapy Serum for awhile now, and I have seen a huge change in my skins appearance.

Moisturizer
Winter is slowly come to an end, and my skin is almost finished being dry because of the wind. The one product that has helped is Vichy's Aqualia Thermal Rich Cream. It is thick and is really the only thing that adds moisture to my skin without breaking me out.

Under Eye Cream
Under eye creams are also new to me, and I have been testing out different samples to find the perfect one for me. I am currently testing out Murad's Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture For Eyes. I have yet to see any results, but I will continue to use it and see if time will tell.

Lip Scrub & Lip Balm
This is the final step in my night time routine. I have been using E.L.F's Lip Exfoliator and a warm wash cloth to scrub any dead skin off of my lips. Then I apply Korres' Lip Butter in Jasmine, and boy does this stuff smell good! The closest thing i can think of that they smell like is cookies. Who wouldn't want cookies on their lips?!

4 comments:

  1. I have and love several of the things in this pile. I mostly use oil cleanser to remove face makeup these days, but the Yes To Cucumbers wipes are great for travel. My mom stole some from my bathroom the last time she visited (classy) and told me they were her favorite too, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Sounds just like my mother. Xx

      Delete
  2. The Yes to Cucumbers wipes are my favorite! I love the smell!

    xo Brianna | Glazed Over

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!