March 8, 2014

How To Stay Motivated!

Staying motivated and finding the strength to keep going when times get difficult can be emotionally and physically exhausting. I know that I certainly have had times when I wanted to throw in the towel and give up. I knew in the end that giving up was not an option so I came up with ways to motivate myself. I know that I am not the first person to feel this way so I thought that I would share with all of you what I do to stay motivated. If you have any tips of your own please leave them in a comment below as they might help someone else. Enjoy!
Source
How To Stay Motivated

Create Goals
It can be hard to stay motivated when it seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Sit down and write goals that you want to accomplish in your life. It doesn't matter how big or small they are, just write them down. I have mine hanging next to my bed so that I can look at them every morning and night and get my head in the game. Write down whatever it is that you want to do in your life and don't worry if it seems superficial or silly. They are your goals, and you are the only person that you have to prove anything to. No dream is too big!

Stay Positive
Sometimes it can seem like nothing is going right and that you are working your butt off for nothing. Do not give up or lose hope! I naturally can be negative when it comes to adverse situations so I have to make a conscious effort to remain positive and rise above things. I have come to learn that every hard or bad situation that comes my way are learning opportunities and only make me stronger. So, next time you are doubting yourself or want to give up, take a step back and take a breather.

Stop Comparing Your Success To Others
We live in a world where social media allows us to see what others are doing instantly. I have had moments of weakness where I couldn't help but compare myself to what others were doing and the success they were having. I fell into a pattern of comparing myself to them and thinking that I would never compare to their success. It was toxic and it needed to end. Of course, I am human and from time to time will find myself becoming envious of someone else, but in the end I have to stop myself and realize that everyone is different and what I bring to the table is just as good as what someone else could bring. Make your only competition yourself. You will be so much happier in the long run.

Keep Track of Your Progress & Reward Yourself
Keeping track of your progress make goals seem more attainable, and help to show you how far you have come. Keep a checklist of smaller goals that can help you to achieve your larger life goals. Once you have completed a smaller goal be sure to check it off the list (am I the only person who finds checking items off a list satisfying?) and reward yourself. Now, to some that may mean buying that pair of shoes or dress you have been eyeing, and to others it might mean a pamper session in a swanky hotel spa. Make your reward something special that will invigorate you to want to work harder for your next goal. 

4 comments:

  1. Great post. I've been having kind of a crappy week, so it's nice to read something positive. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you found this helpful! I hope next week will be much better for you. Sending positivity your way! Xx

      Delete
  2. I find myself feeling like this sometimes, but I just try to stay positive. I love setting daily goals for myself. :)
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it Lupe! Positivity is the best way to get out of a dark situation. Xx

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!