March 28, 2014

How To Get Organized!

I find that life can fly at you pretty quickly, and if you are not organized you may find it a bit overwhelming. I have always been an organized person as I like to have order and control over things in my life. I also am prone to anxiety and not having a schedule and things in order can stress me out. It is because of this that I have master techniques to keep my life as organized as possible. Now, life isn't perfect so there are always going to be moments when things get a bit chaotic. This is okay, but it is important to have some type of structure within the chaos. Below I have listed some of the techniques I use to stay organized. Enjoy, and please leave your tips and tricks in a comment below!
Source
Keep a Planner or Calendar
Keeping a planner is one of the best things I have ever done. I keep a daily schedule for myself which helps me to make sure that everything that needs to be done is done in a timely manner. I like to keep a calendar in my room right above where I do my makeup so that I am forced to see it first thing in the morning. I also have my schedule linked to my phone so that I can stay up-to-date with what needs to be done while I am on the go.

Make Notes To Yourself & Make Lists
I am a huge fan of making notes and lists for myself. There was a point in college when the shelf in my dorm room was lined with sticky notes of things that I wanted to remind myself about. I would write everything from, "Do laundry!" to "Smile more today!" I also like to keep lists on my phone of either things to do or items I may need while shopping. This makes being out and about so much easier.

Write Things Down
Not only do I like to organize the things around me, but I also like to organize my thoughts. Sometimes, things get quite overwhelming and I find writing everything that is worrying me down helps me concentrate and focus a lot better. It also helps to relax me, and makes me realize what it is I am actually worried about.

Get Rid of Clutter
I hate clutter and mess so it would be no surprise to all of you that I like to live in an environment that is organized. I am a huge fan of space savers and storage cubes that take up little space, but hold quite a bit of stuff. I find the more organized my living space is the less stress I have.

6 comments:

  1. My goodness - you're just like me. I do all of the above and am prone to anxiety too! Interesting...... X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice to know that you are not alone! Xx

      Delete
  2. OMG I have to declutter my entire house this weekend. I have been so busy and the whole place is a DISASTER lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To-do lists are a must. I would forget everything ever if I didn't make lists. Still working on that decluttering thing though... lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I literally can't function without lists! Xx

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!