February 28, 2014

What I'm Loving & Unfavorites: February 2014!

Another month has come and gone. It seems the older I get the faster time flies by. I'm going to cut to the chase and share with you everything I enjoyed the month of February!
Beauty
Bath and Bodyworks Hand & Body Cream (Fresh Picked Tangerine)
I spent way too much time at Bath & Bodyworks over the past few months. This tangerine hand and body lotion caught my attention with it's delicious scent and it's thicker consistency. It is ultra moisturizing and non-greasy.

Beauty Blender
I have wanted to try a Beauty Blender sponge for so long, but couldn't part with the $20 required to buy it. I was over the moon to see it in my January Glossybox. The first time I tried this sponge I was able to see what all of the hype was about. It gave my skin a natural finish and the design was perfect for getting into those smaller areas around the nose and eyes.

I have been using powders to fill in my brows for the past year, but decided to give a brow pencil a try. This Anastasia brow pencil has been talked about by just about everyone and I can see why. I love the thin point of the pencil and that it includes a spoolie. This shade is perfect for my brows, and looks super natural.

Balenciaga Rosabotanica Perfume
I received this perfume mini as part of my 500 point perk set from Sephora. I love the original Florabotanica, and this version does not disappoint. It is spicy at first, but slowly becomes a lovely floral. It smells absolutely divine, and I cannot wait to wear this more in the spring.

Television
Scandal came back last night and boy did I miss it. Olivia Pope is all of the woman I hope to be someday. Also, her affair with the President of the United States is super steamy. Did I also mention that the VP who killed her husband is up to some shady stuff? Do yourself a favor and watch it!

Music
If you follow me on Twitter than you will know that I had a slightly embarrassing experience with Katy Perry's song Dark Horse. TO make a long story short I was singing at the top of my lungs at a red light...with the window down and a firetruck filled with men next to me. They heard everything. Anyway, give the song a listen. It's wicked fun!

Unfavorite


Usually, I like to keep things on the positive side. However, every now and then something is a real stinker, and I thought it was about time I told you guys about them. I have decided that each month I will share an unfavorite with you guys. The unfavorite can be anything from a beauty product to, in this case, a really bad bar of chocolate.

In this chocolates defense, I did receive this for free from PINCHme. The chocolate in question is from Wild Ophelia and it is their New Orleans Chili Dark Chocolate Bar. I usually love chocolate that has a spicy kick to it, but this one tasted oddly earthy and not at all spicy. Needless to say, I will not be purchasing this.

What did you love in February?
*affiliated links

2 comments:

  1. I also have been loving my beauty blender, never thought I would say this but is so worth the $20. I love BBW foaming hand cleansers.

    Beth
    bethandbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either, but it is so worth the $20! Thanks for reading Beth! Xx

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!