February 5, 2014

Brand Overview: Skin & Co Roma!

I was contacted by Skin & Co Roma not too long ago to see if I would be interested in trying some of their products. I jumped at the chance as I have seen their products features in beauty boxes, but never have tried them myself. Also, did I mention that the main ingredient in their skincare is truffles? How luxurious!
The products I tested out were the Truffle Body Gel*, Truffle Body Milk*, Truffle Therapy Serum*, and Truffle Therapy Cream*. The only time I have had truffles was in my food so I was interested to see how it worked in skincare. The products feature Umbrian truffle extract that is said to have anti-aging properties and will give skin a more youthful appearance. I have decided recently that it is about time that I begin using anti-aging products (I'm not getting any younger) so this is right up my alley. Also, all of these products smell incredible which already is a good sign.

The first product I tested out was the Truffle Body Milk (Full Size $35). I really enjoyed this body moisturizer. It is rich, but not heavy. It melted into my skin and didn't leave any type of residue behind. I also tested this out on my cuticles and it nourished them as well. Overall, I really enjoyed using this.

The next product I tested was the Truffle Body Gel (Full Size $18.50). To be honest, this isn't too exciting. The scent is a major selling point for me as it smells divine! Other than that it did it's job and lathered nicely.

Next was the Truffle Therapy Serum (Full Size $75). This is the first serum I have ever used so I wasn't sure what to expect. I applied a small amount of this every night for a week, and noticed that it did add some hydration back into my winter damaged skin. I don't have wrinkles so I can't speak to the anti-aging claims. Give me a few years and I probably can, haha!

Last, but certainly not least, is the Truffle Therapy Cream (Full Size $68). I applied this over the serum and found it to be a fairly decent cream. This doesn't contain parabens, sulfates, or mineral oils which I like, and didn't break me out or make my face greasy. 

Overall, I am quite impressed with this brand. I won't lie, I did think that the whole truffle thing was a bit gimmicky at first, but once I researched it and tested it out for myself it makes sense. All of the products have a very pleasant scent which is very important to me as I have a sensitive nose, and the ingredients are very luxurious. My favorites from the line are the Truffle Body Milk and the Truffle Therapy Serum. 

Skin & Co Roma products can be purchased at Henri Bendel, Fred Segal, Dermastore.com, Amazon Beauty, skinandcoroma.com, and on QVC.

*PR samples

6 comments:

  1. Great review, sounds like a yummy collection. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how luxurious their packaging looks! I got the eye cream in an Ipsy bag and I haven't tried it yet. Looks lovely though!

    xo Glazed Over

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised to see how luxe their packaging is. I've only tried the serum and cream, but I really enjoyed them. Let me know if you use the eye cream. I would be interested to see how it works for you. Xx

      Delete
  3. I agree that the products looks luxurious items. I have not tried the serum but I have heard that serums can be able to do wonders for the skin. I am interested in trying the Truffle Body Milk because I have been indulging with milk soaps and products. I guess my skin likes products with milk in the ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would really enjoy the body milk. It was ultra hydrating, and made my skin incredibly soft. Xx

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!