January 13, 2014

Sick Day Must Haves!

Bath and Bodyworks 'Tis The Season Candle + Shea Socks, Celestial Seasonings Peppermint Tea, Puffs Plus Tissues.
I have been sick for the past few days, and boy does it stink. Being sick doesn't mean you have to be miserable though. I make sure that I surround myself with things that will make me feel better, and will help me get better as quickly as possible. Below I have listed my sick day must haves that I hope will help you get through your latest cold!

Cozy Socks
Fuzzy and comfy socks are a must have when I am not feeling well. Not only do they keep my feet warm, but the fun print is guaranteed to put a smile on my face!

Tissues
I keep a little package of tissues next to me whenever I am under the weather. I find that these little packages are easier to carry around with me than the big boxes. Make sure the splurge on quality tissues so your nose won't be rubbed raw. There is nothing worse than feeling sick and also having a sore nose.

Tea
Tea is delicious all the time, but there is something about a cup of tea when I am sick that instantly makes me feel better. My favorite tea right now is Celestial Seasonings Peppermint Herbal Tea

Favorite Candle
I'm a lover of candles, and a delicious candle is an instant mood lifter. I have been enjoying burning spicier scents, and my favorite has to be 'Tis The Season!

YouTube
While I'm not a huge fan of lounging around I do find that sick days are the perfect time to catch up on my favorite YouTuber's videos. My favorites are Sprinkle of Glitter, Tanya Burr, The Saccone Joly's, and Essiebutton.

Plenty of Sleep
Sleep is one of the best things you can do for yourself when you are sick. Trust me, I hate sitting still, but it is so important for your body to just relax and let it get over whatever you have. If you don't have time to spend the day relaxing at least try to take a 2 hour nap. Your body will thank you!


 What are your sick day must haves?

xoxo,

Meaghan

4 comments:

  1. I also keep a hot water bottle or heating pad around in case I get chilly. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're starting to feel better now! Glad you have taken the time to properly care for yourself and get rest and fluids. Enjoy having the excuse of the down time, if there is any plus to being sick, it is that! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thanks! For some reason it took me forever to get over whatever I had. Much better now. I DID enjoy lounging around though! Xx

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!