January 3, 2014

NYC HD Color Trio Eyeshadow in Long Beach Sands: Review + Swatches

It's no secret that I am a huge fan of neutral eyeshadows. They are my go-to eyeshadows for daily looks and go with anything. You can imagine how happy I was when I received this neutrals eyeshadow trio in my Influenster Jolly VoxBox which you can read a full review on here
The eyeshadow trio comes in plastic packaging that is quite sturdy. The diamond pattern on the eyeshadows is very pretty and makes the product feel a bit more pricey. It does come with one of those small sponge applicators, but I'm not a fan of those so it went with the rest of them that I keep in my makeup kit for times when my brushes are dirty. 
I have used NYC eyeshadows in the past and find that they can be chalky the first few times I use them, but that doesn't last long. They are nicely pigmented and stay put all day which is surprising since they are so inexpensive. 
As I said before, this is a neutral eyeshadow trio. The trio features a pink toned highlight, medium brown crease shade, and a taupe all-over lid shade. The colors all work together nicely, and I find that the subtle shimmer in each of these shadows really make my eyes pop.

While this isn't my favorite drugstore eyeshadow brand I do think that these shadows are great in a pinch and would be the ideal product for anyone starting out in makeup that doesn't want to spend too much money.

NYC HD Color Trio Eyeshadows retail for $2.99, and can be purchased wherever NYC Cosmetics are sold.


xoxo,

Meaghan

*I received this product complimentary for testing purposes from Influenster.

2 comments:

  1. These look like shades you could actually use up because they are good to blend in with stuff. But I really like neutrals a LOT ha ha.

    Brittnee
    http://beautyproductaday.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very good blending shades. I especially like using the middle shade as a base for darker shades.

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!