December 20, 2013

First Impressions: Cover Girl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation!

Words cannot express how excited I am to finally be reviewing Cover Girl's Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in 1 Foundation. I have been meaning to pick this up for ages, but for some reason it always slipped my mind. Annoying, right? Well, last week I finally got my hands on it. I was so eager to try this that I removed all of my makeup, and applied it that day. I mean, it's not every day that a foundation claims to also be a primer and concealer. I had to put it to the test!
First, let's talk about the packaging. The bottle features a pump which in my mind is a huge plus. It makes using the foundation so much neater, and takes the guess work out of how much to use.

The shade I chose was Ivory, the lightest shade they offer. I find that this matches my skin quite well. It can be hard to find foundations that match my fair skin, and so far this one is spot on. 

I would say that this is between a medium and full coverage foundation. It is very buildable, and leaves a flawless matte finish. My skin looks like it has been Photoshopped. Pretty impressive stuff if you ask me.

The formulation is really what won me over. It goes on smooth with a sponge, and instantly becomes matte. Since I have oily skin this is very important. Another aspect of this foundation that I like is how lightweight it is. I literally can't feel it on my skin. I would not recommend this to anyone with dry skin as they might find it can cling to dry areas. Nothing a little moisturizer couldn't fix for me, but I'm not sure for others. I did notice a small amount of oxidation around the 7 hour mark, but it wasn't too noticeable.

The lasting power is also impressive. I wanted to test this properly so I stayed up late to see how long it would last. For anyone who is interested, I applied it around 2PM and wore it without blotting or powdering for 10 hours. That is how long I usually expect my foundation to last. I was pleased to see that my foundation looked exactly the same as when I applied it. Wahooo! 

I actually think that I have found my new favorite drugstore foundation. The color is spot on, it absorbed all of the oil on my skin, and stayed put. Did I also mention that it is super affordable? Oh yeah, it is. I will keep you guys posted if my opinion changes after I use it more.

Cover Girl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation retails for around $9.99, and can be purchased wherever Cover Girl products are sold.
*affiliated link

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to get my hand one some, need to try it out after reading this review. I have oily skin so this sounds perfect for me! Thanks for the review, Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this a while ago and was really impressed also. The only thing is that the lightest shade was way too pink so I went the next shade up which was a little dark, but I've almost finished the bottle so I made it work!

    Ivy xx
    Style Life Lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed that as well. I have pink undertones to my skin so it worked for me, but it's certainly not for everyone. Thank you for reading! Xx

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry! I accidentally deleted your comment when I went to respond to it. Thankfully I was able to find your comment in my email so I'm post it below.

      "It's so great when you find a drugstore foundation that's a perfect match. Also, agreed that pumps are essential on foundations like this - no tilting a heavy bottle into your sponge or hand. :P"

      I was so happy it was a match! I have pink toned skin so it matched me very well. Thanks for reading Rebecca! Xx

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!