November 22, 2013

The Body Shop Blue Corn 3 in 1 Deep Cleansing Scrub Mask: Review + Photos!

I have been trying recently to take better care of my skin. I just celebrated my 21st birthday, and I have decided to give my skin the extra love it needs so that the older I get my skin will be protected. My latest skin obsession has been finding a quality face mask that will calm the redness in my skin and help to minimize the oil. 

I was very interested to give this Body Shop Blue Corn 3 in 1 Deep Cleansing Scrub Mask a try as I have never used one of their face masks before. I'm a lover of their body butters so I had high hopes. 

The concept of this mask is what really pulled me in. It's not every day that a face mask claims that it will cleanse, exfoliate, and purify. I can't resist a 3 in 1 product!

The mask is gritty in texture which helps with the exfoliating, but applies to the face easily. Two things to note are that this mask never "dries" and remains tacky, and there is some fall out due to the texture of the mask. I didn't really find this to be that big of a deal as long as I was careful not to touch my face. At first there is a tingly almost burning sensation, but it goes away within the first 2 or 3 minutes. I like to think that it's just the masks way of saying that it is working. Also a little goes a long way with this product so the mask should last me for quite some time.

I was very pleased with the results. This mask minimized the amount of oil on my skin, made the appearance of my pores smaller, and left my skin feeling smooth. Like the label says, this mask is intended for people with normal to oily skin. I would not recommend this to anyone with dry skin as they might find this to be too drying. Overall, this is one of the best masks I have used so far.

The Body Shops Blue Corn 3 in 1 Deep Cleansing Scrub Mask (4.2 fl oz) retails for $17.00, and can be found here or at your local Body Shop.

xoxo,

Meaghan


*This product was given to me as a gift for my birthday from one of my friends. Thanks Sabrina!

2 comments:

  1. This seems like such a unique product... I don't think I've ever tried a blue corn mask before! Not sure this one is right for me personally but it was interesting to read your review. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is unique. I had never heard about any blue corn skincare products until this mask. I agree with you, this is definitely a product for a specific skin type.

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!