November 15, 2013

Benefit Rockateur Blush: Review + Swatches

I have had my eye on Benefit's Rockateur Blush for a few months now, but I never could bring myself to buy it. On my birthday I was a very lucky girl, and my parents gave me an Ulta gift card as my present (you can read about my birthday haul here). I instantly knew that this blush would be one of my purchases.

Left the plastic on the mirror. Oops! Haha!
I'm a huge fan of the 80's so the packaging was right up my alley. It by no means is the classiest looking thing in my makeup bag, but it is the funnest! I mean, it's a mix of snake skin and lace. Where could you go wrong! I thought that I wouldn't like the cardboard packaging of this blush, but I actually don't mind it. I also like the mini mirror and brush that comes with it. As far as brushes go it isn't the best, but it certainly isn't the worst I have seen.

At first glance I would not have reached for this blush because of the glitter that it contains. I did my research however and was pleased to see that it was just an overlay that comes off almost instantly. The color you are left with is a rose gold that has both pink and brown undertones. This shade warmed up my face, and complimented my skin so well.
L-R: Lightly applied/Heavily applied (natural light)
Now, this may not matter to many people, but this product does have a scent. I have honestly never used a blush that had a scent so I was pretty thrown. It is a very fresh and clean scent that doesn't bother me in the slightest. I can smell it when I am applying it, but the scent disappears soon after application.

I was highly impressed with the stay power of this product. I applied this early in the morning, and it was still visible later that evening when I was taking my makeup off. Since I have oily skin this was very impressive and rarely happens.

Overall, I highly recommend this blush. Dare I say that it is my new favorite blush? *GASP* The color is very flattering, the stay power is impressive, and the packaging is wicked fun!

Benefit's Rockateur Blush retails for $28.00, and can be purchased wherever Benefit products are sold.

xoxo,

Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!