October 2, 2013

Meaghan Attempts To Bake: Halloween Pumpkin Streusel Cupcakes!

Hi everyone! I cannot believe that it is October. October to me means one thing....Halloween! I spend a majority of the month making plans leading up to one of my favorite holidays. This year I am taking my Halloween plans to the next level. I thought it would only be fair to take you guys along for the ride.

Today I thought that I would share a recipe I came up with for Pumpkin Streusel Cupcakes. These are by no means healthy, but they are delicious and super festive! Enjoy!

Pumpkin Streusel Cupcakes with Caramel Apple Frosting
The ingredients
Ingredients
-Betty Crocker Cinnamon Streusel Muffin Mix
-Canned Pumpkin (any brand)
-Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Caramel Apple Frosting
-Candy Corn

How They Are Made (With Photos)
Add the muffin mix to a large bowl
Now, add the can of pumpkin. The pumpkin will replace the water, eggs, and oil
Now, put the batter in cupcake tins
Follow baking instructions on the box. 
Make a piping bag out of a plastic bag. Fill with frosting and snip off the end
Start from the outside and swirl the frosting inward.
Top with a piece of candy corn
Enjoy!
These cupcakes just scream Fall and Halloween! The pumpkin makes the cupcakes ultra creamy and moist, and the cinnamon in the mix enhance the pumpkins flavors with the perfect amount of spice. The frosting smells and tasted exactly like a caramel apple, and works very well with the cupcake. These would be fit right in at a Halloween party or as a dessert after a nice Fall dinner.

I hope you guys enjoyed this weeks Halloween post! What have you been doing to prep for Halloween? Let me know in a comment below!


xoxo,

Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!