October 23, 2013

Halloween: Black Cat Makeup Tutorial!


I am back with another Halloween costume tutorial. This time, it's a black cat! My last costume tutorial (you can read about it here ) was all about the accessories, but this time around the makeup is key. Now, I wanted to do something a little different when it came to my black cat. Keep reading to find out more!

What You Will Need (Base Makeup)
-Foundation (Revlon Colorstay for Oily/Combination)
-Concealer (Physicians Formula Conceal RX)
-Under Eye Brightener (Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer)
-Setting Powder (Maybelline Dream Matte Powder)

Do your regular foundation routine. I wanted my face to look flawless so that all of the attention would be on the cat makeup that I was going to be applying over it.

What You Will Need (Eye Makeup & Whiskers)

-Champagne Eyeshadow (Maybelline Color Tattoo Barely Beige, L'oreal Infallible Iced Mocha)
-Black Liquid Eyeliner (Cat's Eye: Milani Ultrafine Liquid Eyeliner, Whiskers: Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner)
-Black Pencil Eyeliner (butter LONDON Wink Eyeliner)
-Nude Eyeliner (Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner)
-Black Mascara (Maybelline The Rocket, Maybelline Cat Eyes)

How To Do It (Eyes)

-apply the champagne shadow all over the lid
-create a cat's eye using liquid eyeliner
-apply the nude eyeliner to the waterline of the lower lash line
-apply the black eyeliner to the lower lash line and blend out with a q-tip
-apply mascara

How To Do It (Whiskers & Nose)
-take a piece of tape to create a  guide for the nose
-use the liquid eyeliner to fill in the nose
-create 3 dots on each cheek
-draw on whiskers using the black liquid eyeliner

Now, it's time to put together your costume. I opted for a more comfy costume that would be suitable for a Halloween party or handing out candy to the neighborhood kids. This part is completely up to you however. If you want to wear a black dress or catsuit (who am I to stop you) than go for it! Do what feels comfortable for you! As long as you have cat ears than who cares!

What You Will Need (Costume)
-Black Cat Ears
-Black Shirt
-Black Jeans or Leggings
-Leopard Print Scarf (optional)
-Leopard Print Shoes or Slippers (optional)

That is it! You are now a cute, yet spooky, black cat. This is a super easy costume that is perfect to through together at the last minute.


I hope you all enjoyed this tutorial. Let me know in a comment below what you are going to be for Halloween! Do you have any exciting plans? Tweet me or tag me in any pictures on Twitter of Instagram if you do this tutorial!
Twitter: XOMeaghanTweets
Instagram: XOXOMeaghanPics

xoxo,

Meaghan

4 comments:

  1. Pretty..! Meooow!

    Verosays.com

    xoVero

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look good Meaghan. I had a Halloween party last Sat and went as a vampire! Xx

    Carly's Beauty World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! Xx Oohhh, a vampire sounds awesome!

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!