October 7, 2013

Benefit Watt's Up! Soft Focus Highlighter For Face: Review + Swatches

I am a creature of habit. If I find a product that works I will stick with it for quite some time. I have been using the same highlight, Dior's Diorskin Shimmer Star in Amber Diamond, for almost a year now. It gives my skin the perfect glow, and I saw no reason to try any others until Benefit's Watt's Up! came into my life. My sister picked up her free birthday gift from Sephora, and a sample size of their highlighter was included. Since she doesn't really wear makeup it was passed on to me.

I just have to start off and say how adorable the packaging of this mini is. It just looks so darn cute! I also like how it's a "twist up" tube which gives me more product that most usually give. 

The pigmentation of this highlight is the true star. It features a champagne base that contains a slight shimmer. The shimmer is very subtle and gives the skin a glowing affect that almost makes it look like it is coming from within. The champagne shade is extremely flattering on my pale skin, and the cream-to-powder finish is very workable and blends easily.
L-R: Unblended, Blended
I have been reaching for this Benefit highlight over my Dior highlight a lot over the past few weeks and that is saying something. I have really enjoyed using this product, and can see myself continuing to use it on days when I want a softer makeup look. I find that I like it best to highlight my cheekbones, on the inner corners of my eyes, and on my cupids bow to make my lips look fuller. There are so many ways to use this versatile product!

Benefit Watt's Up! Soft Focus Highlighter For Face retails for $30.00 and can be purchased wherever Benefit products are sold.

Do you use Watt's Up!? What is you favorite way to use it?

xoxo,

Meaghan

2 comments:

  1. I have pale skin, too and I absolutely love how flattering this highlighter is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I was skeptical at first, but it really is flattering. Thank you for reading! Xx

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!