September 30, 2013

What I'm Loving: September 2013!

Hey everyone! I hope you all have had a fantastic September. This month I started my new college after transferring this Summer, visited some friends in Boston, and embraced my inner domestic goddess (something I never thought I would say). Beauty wise I haven't discovered many new products, but I have rediscovered some old favorites. Enough with the intro, let's get started!

Beauty

NARS Blush in Orgasm
It's no wonder this blush is so popular. This shimmering peachy pink works well with most makeup looks, and is very flattering on pale skin.

Real Techniques Contour Brush
Since it's Fall I have started contouring my cheeks, and this is the brush to do it.

Orly Nail Polish in Rage
I have been wearing this polish all month. It is a rose gold foil, and it goes with everything.

Clean & Clear Morning Burst Hydrating Gel Moisturizer
This is hands-down my favorite moisturizer. It doesn't make my oily skin feel greasy, and is the perfect base for my foundation.

Benefit Watts Up! Soft Focus Highlighter For Face
I have been reaching for this champagne highlight quite a bit recently. It gives the skin a glowy effect, and isn't too shimmery. It hasn't replaced my beloved Dior Shimmer Star, but I do like it.

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Beige
This was a part of the limited edition collection from Fall 2012. It is a beautiful beige with a pearl shimmer. I like to wear this alone, but also with Urban Decay's Naked in the crease. It is a very subtle and neutral eye.

Pureology Precious Oil Versatile Caring Oil
I have to thank my mother for this. She came home from the salon, and surprised me with this miracle oil. You can use this Pureology oil for basically anything! I use it as an oil treatment when my hair is damp. This works just like Moroccanoil, but it more watery and you need just a bit more. This has become my favorite hair care product as it eliminated frizz, makes my hair feel healthier, and smells ah-mazing!

Television

My favorite show this month has been Face Off on the SyFy network. The show revolves around a group of talented makeup artists who are competing to win a cash prize and be the winner of Face Off. They go though different movie makeup challenges, and each week the judges send home the person with their least favorite look. If you are interested in makeup than this show is right up your alley. Some of the looks these people do are absolutely breathtaking. I highly recommend giving this show a shot if you are looking for something new to watch.

Music

I'm not the first, and I certainly won't be the last to say that I an in love with the song Royals by Lorde. This girl is seriously talented, and at only 16 she put artists twice her age to shame. Her debut album just came out, and it does not disappoint!

Food

If you follow me on Instagram than you will already know about this yummy snack. I have always loved chex mix so I was thrilled to find the recipe online so that I could make my own. It is absolutely delicious, and there are so many different varieties to chose from. I decided to stick with the original, but if you make this feel free to experiment. 


I also have a bit of news for you guys. As many of you know Halloween is fast approaching. Let's just say, Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday. This year I am working on quite a few posts that are Halloween related. That being said, you can expect to see a new Halloween post every Wednesday the month of October. I will be doing everything from costume tutorials, spooky treats, and decor for your home.

What have you been loving in September?

xoxo,

Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!