September 2, 2013

What I'm Loving: August 2013!

Well, ladies and gentlemen, August is officially over. I have to be honest, I am happy to see August go. Fall is my favorite time of year, and I cannot wait to celebrate Halloween and my birthday! Also, since I live in New England I get to watch the leaves change colors which if you haven't experienced it, you are missing out!
 Let's get started!

Beauty

Miss Jessie's Jelly Soft Curls (review)
i have really enjoyed using this hair gel on my curly hair. It gave my curls a nice amount of bounce, and made the feel wicked soft. This is the perfect product for days when you don't want to put too much effort into your hair.

butter LONDON Lippy Lip Gloss (Hot Totty) (review)
This has become my new favorite nude gloss. It is creamy, and isn't sticky at all.

butter LONDON Lippy Tinted Balm (Abbey Rose) (review)
While this is called a tinted balm I feel it is opaque enough to be a lipstick. It is a pretty deep rose that is very flattering against my pale skin.

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation (22 Beige Rose)
This is my all-time favorite foundation. It feels like applies flawlessly, and melts into my skin like a dream.

Revlon Lash Potion Waterproof Mascara (Blackest Black) (review)
This has become my favorite mascara at the moment. It lengthens my lashes and gives a decent amount of volume. Not to mention it didn't smudge at all in the 90 degree heat.

Real Techniques Blush Brush 
I have been a huge fan of Real Techniques brushes for awhile now. I use this blush brush to apply my bronzer all over my face when I want an all over sun-kissed glow. It is extremely fluffy, and applies the product well.What else could you ask for in a brush?

TV
Big Brother
The cast of Big Brother (Season 15)
If you follow me on Twitter than you will already know that I am a huge fan of the US reality show Big Brother. The premise of the show is a group of strangers who live in a house that is inside of a studio where they are followed 24/7 by cameras. While they are in the house they compete in challenges with the ultimate goal of making it to the end and winning $500,000. Each week people are eliminated through a vote which means that people are always scheming against each other. This has been my show of the Summer for the past few years. This season how been infuriating for me to watch as there is one contestant, Amanda, who is basically running the game. Let's just say, she's kind of nuts. I cannot wait for the final episode that will air in the next few weeks!

Movies
Mortal Instruments
Image
I took my sister to see this movie after I had read the first book. I'm one of those people who has to read the book before the movie. I was quite pleased with how much the movie kept to the book. Of course there were things that were changed to make it more suitable for film audiences, but overall they did a good job. The movie revolves around a young girl named Clary who is thrust into a world of demon hunting and magic. One of the main selling points of this movie is the fact that Lily Collins stars in it. I have major brow envy when it comes to her. Not that that is enough of a reason to see a movie, but I digress. If you like supernatural films than you will love this. 

Music
Sara Bareilles Brave

This song is simply put, perfection. It has a fun beat, and the lyrics are both beautiful and uplifting. The chorus is the best part in my opinion. You can never go wrong with a Sara Bareilles song.

Food
Rice, Chicken, Plantains

I recently attended a local Latino festival, and was able to try some yummy Latino food. The star of my meal was the plantains. I had never tried plantains before, but I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious they are. Think bananas, but more sweet.


That is everything I have been loving the month of August. I cannot wait for Fall to begin so that I can start wearing my boots and comfy sweater again. Let me know in a comment below what you have been loving this month. Talk to you soon!


xoxo,

Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!