September 9, 2013

My Skincare Routine: Oily Skin!

I'm going to be honest. I never really had a skincare routine. Don't get me wrong, I washed my face and from time to time used a face mask, but other than that I didn't really do much. I noticed about 6 months ago that my skin was beginning to look a bit dull. I knew I had to make a change so I started researching and testing out different products to improve the look of my skin. It took me quite some time, but I have finally found a routine that works for me and my oily skin.

Last Friday I participated in the Skincare Tag. You can read  that here. I figure it only makes sense that I share with you guys what products I like, and what has worked for my skin.
Enjoy!

My Routine

Clean & Clear Morning Burst Shine Control Facial Cleanser
I really like the Morning Burst line by Clean & Clear. This facial cleanser refreshes my skin, and removes all of my makeup. This isn't drying for me, but someone with dry skin may find this too drying.

Queen Helene Mint Julep Natural Facial Scrub
I purchased this by accident. I thought that I had grabbed the Mint Julep Face Mask, but instead grabbed the scrub. I am so happy that I made that mistake. This has become my new favorite facial scrub. This isn't too harsh, but is still "rough' enough for my liking and leaves my skin feeling very soft.

Boots Expert Sensitive Gentle Refreshing Toner
This is the first thing I reach for before I apply my makeup in the morning. It removes all of the dirt and gunk from my face, and opens my pores up so that my moisturizer can sink in properly.

Clean & Clear Morning Burst Hydrating Gel Moisturizer
This is the most exciting part of my skincare routine. I have always stayed away from moisturizers because of my oily skin. I have always found them to be greasy, and they only add to the oil on my face. This Clean & Clear gel based moisturizer has completely changed how I view moisturizers. This product is lightweight because of the gel formulation, and helps to mattify my skin which makes my foundation look flawless.

What skincare products do YOU use? If you have oily skin, what products do you recommend?

xoxo,

Meaghan

2 comments:

  1. I wish we had Mint Julip in the UK! And the Clean and Clear hydrating gel moisturiser, looks really nice. I have such a huge list of things I want to purchase from the US!xx

    Imogen | the Bluebird & the Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same type of list, but for the UK! I read so many British blogs, and find myself so jealous of some of the brands and products you guys have. Xx

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!