September 13, 2013

My Favorite Makeup Brushes: Real Techniques!

Have you ever had a brand or product that you just have to tell everyone you come in contact with about? For me, that is the Real Techniques brushes. I will talk about these brushes to anyone who will listen. They are the first thing I recommend to someone starting out using makeup brushes because of their quality and affordability. They have the quality of a high end brush with the price tag of a drugstore brush. These don't shed, and apply makeup like a dream. Honestly, I could rave about them for years, but I won't put you through that. Below I have compiled a list of my favorite brushes along with prices and where you can purchase them.

In order of descriptions below
The Brushes

Contour Brush
I use this brush to contour my cheeks. It is the perfect shape to work the hollows of the cheeks.

Expert Face Brush

This is the BEST foundation brush I have ever used. Everyone and their grandmother is raving about how much they like this brush. It makes foundation melt flawlessly into the skin. Do yourself a favor and buy this.

Blush Brush
I use this large fluffy brush to apply my bronzer for an all over glow. When I say this is fluffy I am not exaggerating. It is perfect for sweeping color, whether that be blush or bronzer, all over the cheeks.

Brow Brush
I have extremely sparse eyebrows so it is crucial that I fill them in. This is the best brush I have used so far. This works extremely well with the powder I use, and is very easy to use when creating the shape I want.

Base Shadow Brush
The Base Shadow Brush is my go-to brush for applying shadow all over the lid. It holds just enough product, and works the shadow in flawlessly.

Deluxe Crease Brush
I don't use this brush for my crease, so much as I use this to blend out hard lines. It is big, fluffy, and works well at blending out darker shadows in the crease.

Pixel-Point Eyeliner Brush
Well, I don't really use this as an eyeliner brush. I use this to place a light champagne eyeshadow in my inner corner. It is the perfect size to get in that small space to help brighten my eyes. I know that I could use any brush to do this, but I really do like the shape of this to do it.

Have you used Real Techniques brushes before? Do you like them? What is your favorite brush?

xoxo,

Meaghan

4 comments:

  1. I love the Real Techniques brushes! Recently added the setting brush to my collection, it's fab for highlighter! I'd like to try the eye brushes next as I don't have any as yet.

    sarahkayblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oohhh, the setting brush sounds amazing. I'm going to have to check it out. Definitely try the eye brushes. They work like a dream!

      Delete
  2. I love me some RT brushes! I want to get them all! You have a great collection here!


    from Brigitte at // BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin'

    don't forget to enter my Real Techniques giveaway here

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!