July 15, 2013

First Impressions: Revlon PhotoReady BB Cream!

I'm a huge fan of bb creams. They are lightweight, give the right amount of coverage, and are extremely affordable. The latest bb cream I have tried is by Revlon. I thought I might share my first impressions as well as give some facts about bb creams. Keep reading to find out what I thought!

What Is BB Cream?
For those of you who are new to bb creams let me break it down for you. The "bb" in bb cream stands for Beauty Balm. A bb cream is the magical combination of a tinted moisturizer and a foundation. They give the skin a slight amount of coverage, and are perfect for Summer because most of them contain SPF to help shield skin from the sun's harmful rays. 

Revlon PhotoReady BB Cream (Light)
I saw that Missglamorazzi had featured this bb cream in one of her 'Get Ready With Me' videos, and was interested to give it a try. I've seen it around, but have been happy with my Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream (mentioned HERE) so I decided I would pass. Now, I was ready to give it a shot.

The Packaging


The packaging of this is very thin, and fits perfectly in a makeup bag. It would be great for traveling.

Formulation


The consistency of this bb cream is thick and creamy. In comparison to Maybelline's bb cream it is much thicker. It does feel a bit heavy on the skin at first, but with some blending it feels fairly lightweight. I am obsessed with the scent of this. It smells exactly like sunscreen, which to me equals Summer!

Color Selection
This line contains 3 shades; Light, Light/Medium, and Medium. If you have darker skin than this is not the product for you. I'm actually surprised that it doesn't come in darker colors. One problem I have with this product is the color. I bought the lightest shade (Light) that they had, and it was still too dark for me. This line would be perfect if they had put more time into not only making darker shades, but also making lighter ones. If you have olive to tan skin than this product is definitely for you!

Final Thoughts
I was disappointed that this was too dark for me. I'm surprised that the lightest shade would be so dark. Maybe I can use this when I get a bit more color. Other than that I really enjoyed it. It looked natural and kept away some of the oiliness I usually get.



Revlon PhotoReady BB Cream retails for $9.99 at Target.

xoxo,

Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!