July 5, 2013

Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow Duo in Raisins: Review + Photos

Oh Baby!
I blame Zoe of the YouTube channel Zoella for this. For the longest time I have loved her eye makeup, so when she said that she had been using the Raisins eyeshadow duo from Estee Lauder I knew I had to have it. I should also give a special shoutout to my mother who heard me raving about this for months now, and actually bought it for me. Isn't she just the best?!

The Packaging

Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow Duo in Raisins (plastic covering still on)
Oh my goodness, have you ever seen a more luxurious packaging in your life?! I know I haven't. I feel like this is the kind of product a princess would use. This golden beauty contains the gorgeous shadows. It is the perfect size to slip into a purse or makeup bag. I love how their is the perfect ratio of packaging to product. It is a pet peeve of mine when there is too much packaging and not enough product. The one thing I won't use is the brush that comes with it. I just have no interest in sponge applicators.

The Color
Now onto the main attraction, the eyeshadows! Words cannot describe how in love with this duo I am. The lighter shade is a pink toned mauve and the darker shade is a deep purple toned brown. Both contain a very small amount of shimmer that makes the eyes glow. I had never thought to use pinks or purples before because of my blue eyes, but these colors look stunning and really make them pop.
Shadows in natural light



The Formulation
Both of these shadows are glorious and buttery. They apply like a dream, and stay put all day long. The pigmentation is also incredible. A little goes a very long way with these.

How I Wear It
I like to wear the lighter shade all over my lid, and run the darker shade through my crease. Then I take the lighter shade and run it right along my lower lash line.

Final Thoughts
I am so happy to finally own this eyeshadow duo. It has lived up to every expectation that I had for it. The colors are beautiful and pigmented, and the packaging is beyond luxurious. I am so thrilled with this, and would highly recommend this for anyone with blue eyes, heck, anyone with eyes!


Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow Duos retail for $32.00, and can be purchased wherever Estee Lauder beauty products are sold.

xoxo,

Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!