July 29, 2013

butter LONDON Bespoke Colour Cosmetics: Swatches + First Impressions!

I cannot properly express how excited I was to receive the news that I would be able to preview this collection. I was even more excited when I heard what the theme of the collection was, bright Rock & Roll inspired colors. Could there be a better time for this collection to be released then Summer? When I think of Summer I think of bright neons and pops of color that you wouldn't normally wear any other time of the year. The tagline for the collection is 'Rock Your Colour', and it could not be more appropriate.
Box I received. Thanks butter LONDON!
I think the best way to review this collection is to break it down by product and give my first impressions, and then have future posts about my favorites from the collection . Let's get started, because this is going to be a long post!
The Packaging


All of the products came in matte black boxes that were decorated with really cool looking vines and flowers. The part that caught my attention was actually inside the packaging. The inside of each box is pale blue and covered with gorgeous vines, flowers, and even a fun bird wearing a crown. The packaging feels very luxurious, and would be at home in any department store or high end retailer.

The Collection


The Butter LONDON Bespoke Colour Cosmetics Collection contains cream eyeshadows, mascaras, eye pencils, cream blushes, lip glosses, tinted balms, and nail lacquers. Below are just some of what you can expect to see in the collection. The actual packaging for the products is quite nice. Their is just the right ratio of product to packaging. 

Cheeky Cream Blush in Pistol Pink
Pistol Pink

This blush immediately caught my attention. It is a bright pink that at first glance can shock the system. I honestly was not expecting it to be as bright and pigmented as it is. I usually don't care for cream blushes, but this one was different. The product melted into my skin during swatching and when applied with a light hand can create the most beautiful flush

Wink Colour Mascaras in Jaded Jack & Union Jack Black
L-R: Jaded Jack, Union Jack Black
I was very curious about these mascaras. It's not everyday you see a lime green mascara like Jaded Jack! The more wearable option is Union Jack Black, a black of course. Both mascaras seem to lean more towards the dry side. I don't believe that they are waterproof or water resistant so that is something to keep in mind. 

Wink Eye Pencils in Jaded Jack & Union Jack Black

Top-Bottom: Union Jack Black, Jaded Jack

Like I said previously, it's not everyday that you come across lime green eye products. I am intrigued as to how I can use the Jaded Jack eye pencil, but I'm sure I can find a way. Union Jack Black will be easy to use. The only thing I am curious about is whether or not it will smudge or fade since I have oily eyelids. I will keep you posted.

Wink Cream Eyeshadow in Jaded Jack
Jaded Jack

Another green eye product, this time in a cream eyeshadow! At first I just couldn't wrap my mind around how to use this, but once I swatched it I fell in love. This isn't as bright a green as the eye pencil or mascara. It is a more subdued green that would be perfect for a fun music festival look. The texture was creamy and was easy to blend. I am a big fan of this formulation. Now all I need to do is find a music festival to wear it to!

Lippy Lip Gloss in Hot Totty
Hot Totty

Can we just take a moment to discuss how fun the name of this lip gloss is? Okay I'm done, now we can talk about the actual product. Hot Totty is a pink toned nude that is perfect for everyday use. I can already see this becoming my new favorite nude gloss.

Lippy Tinted Balm in Abbey Rose

Abbey Rose

 This is the star of the line in my opinion. I am always game for a tinted lip balm, and this is just that! Abbey Rose is a deep beautiful rose. It is absolutely stunning, and almost matches my natural lips perfectly. It gives a nice amount of sheer color and is moisturizing to boot!

Nail Lacquer in Jaded Jack
Jaded Jack
This is another product that really caught my eye. I don't own any lime green nail polished, and I am so excited to paint my nails with this tonight! If it is anything like the other Butter LONDON nail lacquers I have tried than it is going to be fab!


The butter LONDON Bespoke Colour Cosmetics will be available at Ulta as of August 1st. I highly recommend you act quickly on this because I have a feeling it will go quickly! I will also be updating this post once it has been released so that I can include prices.

xoxo,

Meaghan

*I was sent all of the products in this post by the awesome people over at Butter London to review. I am not being compensated monetarily to give these reviews. All of the opinions are my own, and I will be giving my honest opinions.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!