May 13, 2013

Splurge or Save?: Urban Decay's Naked Palette

For those of you who don't know I am a student. Being a student means I have a limited budget when it comes to purchasing beauty products. Because of this I have learned to research products more thoroughly, and even go as far as trying to find dupes, especially when the product I'm looking at is high end. I have to make sure that what I could potentially be dropping large amounts of money on is worth it. Since I have been doing this research for awhile I thought I would share with you which products I feel are actually worth the splurge and which ones you should just save your money on.

The first thing I decided to review is the Urban Decay Naked Palette. This was huge when it originally came out a few years ago. It seemed like everyone and her grandma had this palette. I was tempted to try it, but I decided to stay away. I mean, the palette costs $50.00 and on my budget it might as well have been $2 million!

Excuse how dirty it looks. It has been well loved.
I am lucky enough to have the best mother ever who decided to give it to me as a Christmas present this past year. I honestly was so excited to finally have my hands on it. I immediately began swatching the colors, and could not believe how pigmented they were. The formulation of these shadows was also to die for! They were buttery, and the glitter shades had zero fallout. What was not to love!



My favorite shades in the palette are Buck (which I use for my eyebrows), Sin, and Naked. I use Sin and Naked almost every day for a neutral eye look. I don't get much use out of Creep or Gunmetal, but they do make nice colors to put as liner and smudged.

Overall, I love this palette. I use it every day, and it contains some of my favorite shadows. While I did not buy it myself, now that I have used it I would be willing to spend the money on it. It's that good! I have looked, but haven't really found shadows that work as well as these. I mean, I'm sure their out there, but I just like these better.
Goodness, it's amazing!


Urban Decay's Naked Palette retails for $50.00 and can be found here on Sephora's website.

xoxo,

Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!