May 19, 2013

Maybelline Volum' Express The Rocket Mascara: Review + Photos

I recently Instagramed that I was able to get my hands on Maybelline's The Rocket mascara. I have been trying to find this for a few weeks without luck. The waterproof version was sold out everywhere. It wasn't until I went to Walmart that I was able to find it.

This mascara promises "explosive volume", and I was curious to see if it would live up to the hype.

The first thing I really like is the packaging. Isn't it pretty? I just adore seeing it in my makeup bag.

The wand is also really cool. The bristles are short and made of rubber. They are the perfect size to latch onto lashes to coat them evenly.


The formulation is wet which may turn people off if they want a drier formulation. I actually prefer wet mascaras so this was a bonus for me. I purchased the waterproof version because of my oily skin, and am happy to report that this didn't smudge on me at all, and lasted until I used my makeup remover that night.

Overall, I really like this mascara. It holds a curl very well, and gives just the right amount of volume without looking too dramatic. It's the perfect daytime mascara. The lasting power and formulation are also very  nice. It may not be my favorite Maybelline mascara, but it's in my top 3!

Maybelline Volum' Express The Rocket Mascara retails for roughly $6.00 and can be found wherever Maybelline products are sold.

xoxo,

Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!