May 17, 2013

First Impressions: Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Oily/Combination Skin in Ivory!

Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Ivory
A few days ago I went to Target and decided to pick up Revlon's Colorstay Foundation. I had been meaning to pick this up for some time now, and decided it was finally time to try it out.

I picked up the Oily/Combination skin version of the foundation as I have extremely oily skin. I'm so glad that Revlon has this option as most companies don't really take skin type into account when making foundations.

The shade I chose was Ivory. I am very fair skinned and have pink undertones so Ivory was perfect for me.



I'm going to be honest. At first I hated this foundation. It dried way too quickly and didn't seem to blend well with my skin at all. This is when I hit the internet for some help. I read online some tips and trick for making this foundation look flawless and boy did it help. I gave it another try, and found that with the right technique this foundation is divine!

I am a really big fan of the formulation of this foundation now that I know how to work with it. It wasn't too watery, but also wasn't so thick that it felt like paint. It was just right. I did find that I had to use a moisturizer before applying this as it clung to dry patches of my skin. Not really a major problem in my opinion.

The best way I found to apply this foundation was with a damp makeup sponge. This has a medium to full coverage that was really easy to build up. I really like how versatile this is, and how I can build it up for more coverage on days when I need a little bit more...um...help.
Up & Up Cosmetic Wedges (Target brand)

Overall, I really like this foundation, and think it might actually be my favorite drugstore foundation. I'm usually a high end snob, but I really liked this one. The application was easy, the formulation was nice, and the color I chose was a perfect match. I would highly recommend this to anyone on a budget who doesn't want to sacrifice quality.

Revlon's Colorstay Foundation retails for $9.99 at Target.

xoxo,

Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!