April 20, 2013

Maybelline Color Whisper in Lust For Blush and One Size Fits Pearl: Review + Photos

Recently, I decided to treat myself to a little shopping at CVS. While I was there I picked up two of the new Maybelline Color Whispers which are Maybelline's answer to the popularity of Revlon's Lip Butters. The two that I chose were Lust For Blush and One Size Fits Pearl.
L-R: Lust For Lush, One Size Fits Pearl
I'll start off by talking about the packaging which is super cute! I love the cursive on the side of the tube, and how the color of the tube gives you an idea of what the product will look like. I also like the design of the tube itself. It features a twist up design that makes it extremely easy to use. I am sold on the packaging if you couldn't tell!
L-R: Lust For Lush, One Size Fits Pearl
The formulation is also a winner in my book. The Color Whispers are gel based which makes them feel light on the lips which I like. I hate the feeling of a lip product that is too heavy and feels like it just sits on top of your lips. This has a moisturizing balm-like formulation that sinks into the lips and leaves just the right amount of sheer color.

Now onto the colors! My favorite of the two I bought has to be Lust For Blush. It is the closest I have ever found to my natural lip color, and I can easily see it becoming my everyday lip color. It is a pink toned nude that contains a small amount of shine. One Size Fits Pearl is a pale pink with a small amount of golden pearl sheen. It is also a very easy color to wear, and can easily be used just as a balm as there is very little color payoff to it.
L-R: Lust For Lush, One Size Fits Pearl
Overall, I m very pleased with the formulation of these, and can see myself using these more than the Revlon Lip Butters. They are sheer enough for everyday use and have a balm-like quality that is moisturizing. I think I'll have to go back and try more of these!

Maybelline Color Whispers retail for $7.49 at CVS, and right now CVS has a deal going on where if you buy one you get another for 50% off! Such a great deal!

xoxo,

Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!