April 24, 2013

I ♥ Drugstore Makeup TAG

I'm back today to do another TAG! This time I decided to do the I ♥ Drugstore Makeup TAG. It only seemed right since I am obsessed with quality drugstore beauty products. I combed my collection to find products for the questions below. Enjoy!
THE QUESTIONS:

1. What is your favorite drugstore makeup brand?
~ My favorite makeup brand hands down is Maybelline. They have been having some incredible releases the past year or two, Color Tattoos anyone? 


2. What are your favorite face, cheek and lip products?

~ Face: My favorite face product has to be Physician Formula's Conceal RX. It is the best concealer I have ever used, high end included!
~ Cheek: My favorite cheek product is Sonia Kashuk's Beautifying Blush in Flamingo. It is the perfect girly pink that is so flattering on my fair skin.
~ Lips: My favorite lip product is L'Oreal Paris' Colour Riche Balm in Rose Elixir. It is a gorgeous rose (duh!)


3. Least favorite product?
~ Unfortunately this is a Maybelline product. I cannot stand the Bouncy Blushes. I have tried multiple times to use these, but each time they just end up looking messy. The idea is so much fun, but the actual product is a let down.


4. What is the best makeup bargain?
~E.L.F's Eyebrow Kit is the best bargain! It only costs $3.00, and there is such a wide selection of colors. E.L.F's blushes also cost $3.00 and they are such a steal for how well they work!


5. What is your favorite underdog product? (Something you love that often gets overlooked?)
~ I will have to go with Maybelline's Great Lash clear mascara. I use it to set my brows, and think that it doesn't get enough love. It works just as well as some of the more expensive brow setting gels.

6. A drugstore product that is overpriced?
~ This isn't so much a product as it is a brand. I feel that Physician's Formula is extremely overpriced! I don't own many of their products for that reason. I just don't feel that the quality is worth the price. Except when it comes to their Conceal RX...That stuff is incredible!

7. Show your best drugstore dupe(s)!!
~ I think that a really good dupe for Fairydrops Scandal Queen Mascara is Maybelline'e Illegal Lengths Mascara. Both are fiber mascaras and lengthen lashes like it's nobodies business!
~ Another great dupe is Maybelline's Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer instead of YSL's Touche Eclat Undereye Concealer. Maybelline's concealer does just as good of a job brightening the undereye area as YSL's.

8. Drugstore product that isn't worth the hype?
~ I know that this will be controversial, but I have to pick the Revlon Lip Butters for this one. I bought into the hype of these last year and bought all of them. Originally I was in love with them, but grew to be bored of them, and now I don;t even use them. They are okay but nothing special in my book.



xoxo,

Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!