April 21, 2013

CoverGirl Eye Enhancer Trio in Shimmering Sands: Review + Photos

CoverGirl Eye Enhancer Trio in Shimmering Sands-old packaging
I don't know about you, but it is hard to find the perfect neutrals palette at the drugstore. It's not that there aren't any good ones out there, but rather the opposite, there are too many! I just get so overwhelmed and don;t know what to pick. I found this palette a year ago, and refuse to use any other as this is my perfect neutrals palette.

You may notice that this palette has the old packaging. Now the packaging is black and a lot slimmer. I bought this a year ago back when they had the old packaging. Just thought I would explain that...Anyway, back to the review!

The formulation of these shadows is very nice. I always have to use an eyelid primer because of my oily skin so I have never had to worry about any creasing with these. All of the shades in the palette are buttery and highly pigmented. The staying power is also really good with these. My eye makeup looks the same at the end of the day as when I put it on early in the morning.

Shimmering Sands features 3 shadows which I will describe from left to right in the photo above. The first shade is a dark brown with a slight shimmer, the middle shade is a medium brown that also contains shimmer, and the last shade is a pink toned highlight. 
L-R in photo above
The best way I have found to wear these shadows is to apply the middle shade all over the lid. Then I will run the darker brown shade through my crease, and then blend it out. I then take the lightest shade and apply it under my brow bone as a highlight and dab a little on the inner corner of my eyes to brighten them up.

CoverGirl Eye Enhancer Trios retail for $4.44 at Target.

xoxo,

Meaghan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!