March 31, 2013

What I'm Loving: March 2013


I honestly can't believe that March is already over! It seems like the past month has just flown by. Between classes, work, and finding time to go out with my friends I have been trying to make time to try out new products and catch up on my favorite shows and music. I have quite a few favorites this month so I'll just dive right in!
Beauty:

~ Bath and Bodyworks Sweet Pea body mist
~ Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Mint Sorbet
~ The Body Shop Body Butter in Strawberry
~ DevaCurl Arc Angel Extra Hold Conditioning Gel

TV:
Scandal on ABC, Thursdays at 10pm
One of my favorite television series of the moment is Scandal. I have an obsession with this show that cannot be explained. The whole series revolves around Olivia Pope (Kerry Washington) who is a "fixer". A fixer is someone who helps people, politicians and diplomats in her case, clean up scandals (hence, the title of the show). The character Olivia Pope is so incredibly written that I honestly wish I could be her. She is a badass that can hold her own in a room full of male politicians, and can always be relied on to fix anything no matter how bad it is. If you are a political junkie like me than you will love this series. Each episode has a major plot twist that always keeps me on the edge of my seat and interested. There is seriously never a dull moment with this show. Do yourself a favor and watch at least the first episode to see what I mean. I guarantee you will be hooked!
Movies:
Disney's Oz The Great and Powerful
This past month I went to the movies with my roommate and was able to see Oz The Great and Powerful. I'm obsessed with the musical Wicked so I was interested to see how this take of The Wizard of Oz was going to be, and if it lived up to all of the hype surrounding it. Now, since it was rated PG it wasn't edgy by any means necessary, but who doesn't love a good kids movie every now and then? The plot focused around Oz coming to Oz (confusing, I know) and trying to leave behind his conman past to defeat some wicked witches who are terrorizing the people of Oz. Let me just say that I know have a massive girl crush on Mila Kunis. She is absolutely stunning as Theodora. I would die to have her hair, makeup, and wardrobe (from the beginning of the movie of course). If stunning clothes aren't enough of a reason for you to see this than you may also like the CGI. It was breathtaking how beautiful the scenery was, especially the aerial shots of the Emerald City. If you like a happy movie with some solid humor than you will love Oz The Great and Powerful.  

Music:
Green River Ordinance
I recently was able to re-download some of the music I lost when I got a new laptop, and could not have been more thrilled than when I stumbled upon Green River Ordinance! I had originally heard about this group through Birchbox, and was able to download their entire album for free. This album is BEYOND incredible. Each song is filled with incredible melodies and the lyrics are so catchy that they stay stuck in my head for days. My favorite songs are Dancing Shoes (a sweet and romantic song) and  Heart of Me (an upbeat song that is perfect for a long drive with the windows down during the Summer). Who am I kidding, I love all of their songs. I highly recommend you give them a listen!

Kacey Musgraves (image property of Getty Image)
Oh boy do I love me some Kacey Musgraves. My roommate and I have listened to her entire album on repeat for the past week, and have yet to grow tired of it. Our favorite song and standout of the entire album is Merry Go 'Round. This song is so real, and not like anything that is being released today in Country music. The lyrics are catchy, but at the same time extremely thought provoking. She's starting to blow up in Country music, and I can see why. She is incredibly talented!

Food:

I posted about this baby on Twitter recently after a trip to Modern Pastry in Boston with a few friends. Modern has one of the best selections of yummy Italian pastries I have ever seen. Every time I go I have to get a lobster tail, a pastry shell in the shape of a lobster tail that is filled with a mixture of custard, ricotta, and whipped cream. It is literally to die for. While I was there I also couldn't resist picking up a couple chocolate covered strawberries! My mouth is literally watering thinking about it. So good!

What have you been loving this March?

xoxo,

Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!