March 15, 2013

Meaghan Attempts to Bake: Pastel Gradient Cake

I'll be the first one to admit that sometimes I come up with ideas that are a bit out there. My latest idea was to make a pink gradient cake. Now, I had seen this done on Pinterest a million times before so I figured it couldn't be that hard. I went to the store, bought the supplies, and went to town.
Duncan Hines French Vanilla cake mix, Pillsbury Funfetti frosting, eggs, oil, 3 cake pans
I added all of the ingredients into a large metal bowl and began adding the red food coloring, lightest shade first.
Batter
Each time I added the batter to one of the cake pans, adding more food coloring each time so that there would be a light pink, medium pink, and a dark pink.
Batter in pans. Doesn't it look pretty?
I then popped the pans in the oven, following the instructions, and let them bake! Now, here's where things get interesting. While I was frosting the cake, well, fell a part. Okay, so I'm no professional baker, but I was really rooting for this cake. Let me just show you what I was hoping it would look like.
Photo Credit: My expectation
What really happened...

Okay, so it isn't a masterpiece, but I'm proud of it. I made it myself, and I know that it will be enjoyed. I guess maybe next time I should research my Pinterest projects a little more. Also, feel free to follow me on Pinterest! 

xoxo,

Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!